Tuesday, November 25, 2008

One Tough Day




11-18-08
Today was Zach's 2week check up! This is our dr. ...Dr. Jackson. She is Great! Zach had a rough day. We woke him up early and took him to get his baby pictures done. While we were there, Zach took the liberty to throw up down my shirt and pee all over the front of daddy!! It was Great. I'm sure if he could laugh he would have, and he would tell us how priceless our faces were!! After pictures we went to his first dr.'s appointment. He now weighs 8lbs 12oz, he's 22ins long and his head is now 3/4in bigger:) His mommy has fed him well!! while we were there we had to do the PKU test. For those of you who don't know what that is I'll fill you in! It's a test the state requires for all Utah babies. It test for over 30 different disease.... I like that part but it was hard to sit through. I held Zach while they pricked his heel and filled 7 full circles on a thicker type of paper. It took about 5 minutes to complete and he screamed the whole time. It was really hard to watch our baby in pain and not be able to just cuddle him and calm him down. After that was over he did get a pretty cool band aid to make it all better. He is such a good baby. I don't know what we ever did with out him!!!




1 comment:

Tammy said...

I hate PKU's and it doesn't get easier with each child. I cried every time with my baby. they don't just "prick" their heal they lance it! it's terrible! I'm glad that he's healthy and everything! You made it through your first dr appointment YEAH!